— This program is entirely dedicated to the practice of the Big Band, through the study of the genre, under the direction of Stéphane Guillaume and Claude Egéa. The objective is also to play these repertoires live. Several concerts will be organized as part of this training.
— In previous years, the Big Band has been working on the repertoires of:
- Thelonious Monk and Pat Metheny (2019-2020)
- Count Basie and Herbie Hancock (2018-2019)
- Duke Ellington and Bob Mintzer (2017-2018)
- Bill Hollman and Jaco Pastorius (2016-2017)
- Thad Jones and Mel Lewis, then Gil Evans (2015-2016)
- Count Basie and Duke Ellington (2014-2015)
— The training takes place every Tuesday evening from 19h to 22h, from October to June.